- On Thursday 11th April Steve Attended a Atos routine interview regarding his Employment Support Allowance (ESA).
- During this confidential interview the Police were called as Steve allegedly made reference to a third party which was misinterpreted as a threat.
- Steve was detained by two Police officers who escorted him to the Queens Medical Centre where he was put under observation untill late in the evening, he was assessed by medical staff who could find no reason to detain him.He was kept untill late into the night, offered no contact with his family, and not offered an ‘appropriate adult’.
- later that night he was rearrested by Police who took him to Bridewell Station Nottingham where he was placed in cells and told he was being charged with ‘threatening behaviour’ and would appear before magistrates on Saturday 13th April.
- Steve appeared before Magistrates and was remanded to Nottingham Prison and was denied bail, as the Police opposed this, even though relatives agreed to his residence, electronic tagging equipment and strict bail conditions.
- He is due to appear at Crown Court on 26th April to answer to a charge of threatening behaviour even though no crime has been committed.
- We are running out of time so need to raise the profile of this miscarriage of justice quickly. please read about steve on the above link and share/like this information as widely as possible while we build a campaign to support him and his family. More ways to help will be added soon so please watch this blog!!